One month ago yesterday we landed in Timehri's airport. The time is fleeing, things are going well. The mosquitoes are little beasts but what about Manitoba?!
We visited the St. Ann's Orphanage on
Thursday... sad and good - two young girls took us on a tour, they were 12 almost 13 and 14 years old (girls in all white & jeans). The fourteen year old told us she had been there for three years - the other little girl had no answer. Their home in St. Anne's is very orderly and neat but seeing the upper level dorm with the 55 some odd beds lined up made me sad. Glenna I wish I had 50+ of your lil bears instead of 12. I would have placed them on their pillow, only one had a semblance of a pillow pet. 
I have decided my time with them will be being a 'Grandma/Nana' image. I will bake them cookies or muffins for their 3:45 tea time. I will listen to them if they want to share with me, whether their happy times or sad. Please pray for these young girls ages 4 — 17 (one little two year old with her two sibling sisters), they strive to keep the girls together.
Our Friday evening was spent visiting with many of our
friends from Redeemer - it reminded us that in our one year with them we had developed close relationships. So good to go over these special times. Standing atop of our host's house overlooking Sheriff Street showed us that the 'street that never sleeps' has quieted down. The Avalanche Club (now machinery outlet) has
ceased in being - the raucous din of the year we were there is no longer. No more gun battles!

No mosquitos here folks! You're missing all the lousy weather in Pinawa, back to -20 after a thaw and freezing rain last week - messy messy. Love your blog, great pictures. Many Blessings,
ReplyDeleterob murray
Thank you Rob for checking us out - this is a great way to tell our story, whether with photos or writings. God Bless, Val
ReplyDelete